TEFL/TESOL Course in Hanoi
This consists of nearly all the theory of the course mapped out through the online segment. The practical part of the assessment is seven days in the classroom, with 20 hours practical assessment and teaching in front of students.
For those people who cannot work to the intensive schedule, maybe moving around a lot with work, or cannot commit to spending four weeks on site, we offer a 120hr combined online and onsite program.
120 Hour TESOL Certification awarded by International TEFL Training Institute, New York, USA
The program of the combined course is essentially the same as the one of the on-site course. The difference is that the trainees work on the theory in an on-line segment under the guidance of a tutor. They do the practical teaching and project work during a five-seven-day attendance in the center.
This course is ideal for those people who wouldn’t enjoy the intensive nature of an on-site TESOL course but would like to get real teaching practice (something a lot of schools prefer to see, especially when they pay in the upper salary range). As the Combined TESOL Course requires only five days of attendance at a training center, it is also more suited to those who aren’t able to attend an on-site TESOL course for four weeks.
Graduates of our combined TESOL certification program receives one specialization course of their choice free of charge. Available specializations are Teaching Business English, Teaching Young Learners or Teaching TOEFL Test Preparation.
- Lesson planning
• Classroom management
• Approaches to language learning
• A “methodical” history of language teaching
• Current methodologies
• Developing speaking, writing, reading and listening
• Teaching vocabulary, grammar and phonology
• Basic concepts in language assessment
• Practical classroom applications in assessing students
• The importance of giving feedback
• Teaching across proficiency levels
• Teaching across age levels
• Socio-cultural development
• Theater techniques
• Textbook review and evaluation
• Using songs and chants
• Using video and computer-assisted learning (CALL)
- Identify the qualities that make great teachers.
• Gain knowledge about past and current EFL teaching methodologies.
• Create high-energy classes every day through effective lesson planning.
• Know how to effectively organize and manage an English class through various activities.
• Acquire know-how of teaching different types of students through different teaching frameworks.
The trainee of this course is assessed through reflective essays, language and phonology quiz results, lesson planning, demo teaching and portfolio.
This program includes:
-On-line study program for teaching theory
-Scheduled on-line teacher support sessions
-Seven days onsite teaching practice with real ESL students
-20 hour assessment
-Complimentary specialisation in either ‘Teach Business English’ or ‘Young Learners’.
Course Dates 2021 (COMBINED – 7 days teaching practice & assessment)
March 5th + 8th – 12th + 15th
April 29th – 30th + May 3rd – 7th
July 1st – 2nd + 5th – 9th
Aug 26th – 27th + 30th Aug – 3rd Sept
Oct 21st – 22nd + 25th – 29th
Dec 9th – 10th + 13th – 17th
Note: You are required to have completed all the online segments and tests before starting the on-site assessment.
Online / Combined course fees in 2021
- Total tuition fee: $500 USD or 11,500,000 VND
- If paying by PayPal or another online payment system, there will be some incurred charges with total fee: $545 USD or 12,535,000 VND (due 5 business days before start date).
Choose a complimentary add-on specialization: ‘Teach Business English’ or ‘Young Learners’.