TEFL (TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE)
Vietlesson is proud to be working in partnership with International TEFL Training Institute (ITTI) to bring a range certified TEFL courses to Hanoi.
ITTI are the largest TEFL TESOL provider institute in the world, with over 50 locations and have been operating for 18 years. [internationaltefltraininginstitute.com].
Both Vietlesson and ITTI work closely in partnership to provide professional and quality teacher training, to help you kick-start your new career with experience and confidence. On completion of your TEFL Certification, Vietlesson and ITTI will give career support to our students to gain well paid work at International and local schools in Vietnam.
WHY TEFL @ VIETLESSON?
ACCREDITATION & QUALITY
This TEFL certificate is accepted by all schools, both in Vietnam and all over the world and allows you to obtain a work permit/visa through the Governments in those countries.
Our internationally certified TEFL TESOL certifications have been validated by the State Department of the United States and bears the official seal and the original signature of John Kerry, Secretary of State.
We deliver an excellent, demanding training experience for the serious teacher trainee. Our enthusiastic and professional teacher trainer delivers leadership qualities, professional knowledge and commitment to the teaching profession. As well as a wealth of local experience, teaching Vietnamese students in Vietnam.
(No.26, Alley 34 Au Co Street, Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam)
Vietlesson is just 15minutes by car (4km) from the Old Quarter in Hanoi. Located in Tay Ho (the main foreign/ex-pat living area of Hanoi) and 30minutes from Noi Bai International Airport Hanoi (20km). The Airport bus service stops just a 5minute walk from us (outside the Honda motorbike garage on Au Co street). Close to hotels, hostels, bars, restaurants and local food and drinks vendors.
The course offers excellent facilities throughout Vietlesson Coffee House, where we have a spacious, dedicated air-conditioned TEFL classroom with free wifi, projector and speaker system and all facilities. Students also have full access to our quiet and green courtyard cafe and quiet working areas with a full range of drinks options. There is also free and secure motorbike parking for all customers.
Vietnam is a hub for English teachers, with a vast amount of teaching opportunities in Universities, International schools, Public schools and private language centre’s. English teachers can find very well paid work from $17-$25 usd per hour on average, with cheap living conditions and a very comfortable lifestyle.
As a newly qualified and experienced English teacher, both Vietlesson and ITTI will assist you with job-seekers support to help you find the job that you really want. Through our network of local and international organisations, you will not have to worry about doing it all alone.
REAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
You will develop lesson plans and teach them to real local students. This provides you with valuable experience to understand all the elements required for your new job role.
Unlike some other TEFL TESOL qualifications, our trainees can be certain to receive 3 hours observing tutors teaching, 12 hours classroom observations (engaging key skills) and 7 hours teaching practice with essential experienced teacher observation and feedback, as well as peer feedback. Therefore, students gain valuable teaching experience with local students, giving them the tools to be successful in the industry.
The price of our courses are very competitive in the market with TEFL TESOL courses which offer the onsite 20 hour practical teaching experience and assessment. We also offer an earlybird discount for early registration (60 days in advance).
170HR TEFL CERTFICATION & SPECIALISATION
120HR – INTENSIVE ON-SITE TEFL CERTIFICATION
50HR - YOUNG LEARNERS SPECIALISATION
- 20th April – 22nd May
- 15th June – 10th July
- 3rd Aug – 28th Aug
- 14th Sept – 9th Oct
- 2nd Nov – 27th Nov
Course Fees in 2020
- Total tuition fee: $1,800 USD Deposit: $900 USD (due at registration). Balance payment: $900 USD (due 5 business days before start date)
- Early-bird Discount:$1650 USD Deposit:$900 USD (due at registration 60days or 2months before start date). Balance payment $750 USD (due 5 business days before start date)
- Choose a complimentary add-on specialisation: ‘Teach Business English’ or ‘Young Learners’
- Students are expected to be in class 5 days per week (Mon – Fri) for 8 hours (9am – 5pm). This includes breaks. Students arrive on-site at 8:45am ready to start at 9am. During weeks 1, 2 & 3 you will have class observation and teaching practice commitments, so some evenings and probably part of the weekend as well. Week 4 largely consists of written and practical assessment (timetable may alter slightly). The schedule can be fine tuned depending on the group and agreed on the first day.
- Typically there are 8-12 students per course. There will be no more than 16 students on one Intensive TEFL course, allowing for lots of 1-2-1 assistance.
- Non native speakers must have a high level of communication in English and must have a skype interview and submit a written essay to verify English level or submit evidence to this effect.
- Your course teacher is 100% Native English teacher, with TEFL and TEFL Trainer qualifications. The trainer has over 4 years teaching experience to foreign learners. The highest standards are maintained throughout the course to produce high achieving, experienced teachers. Please see Trainer Profile for more information.
Young Learners Specialisation
The term young learners can be used to describe pre-school, primary school, secondary school or teenagers and is currently the most popular market in Vietnam and S.E Asia for teaching English. Parents understand that by investing in English from an early age, can catapult their childs opportunities greatly as we enter more into a globalised world.
This course content includes:
-Instruction that is developmentally appropriate
-Consideration of communication between teachers and the described age group.
-Adaptation of ESL/EFL content for older learners to make suitable for young learners.
-Critical issues in young learner teaching.
-How to teach English to young learners with no or little literacy skills in their native language.
-This TEFL course is loaded with practical illustrations from many books and examples from authentic classroom situations.
-How to effectively work with parents even if they do not speak English.
-Dealing with classroom management, special needs children and use of technology in the classroom.
-Each unit contains teacher resources of books, articles, websites, game, songs and up to date information to be utilised in the classroom.
-Course units also include a comprehensive list of definition of language, early childhood and education teaching terms.
170HR - COMBINED ONLINE TEFL CERTIFICATION & SPECIALISATION
120hr – ONLINE / COMBINED TEFL CERTIFICATION & PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
50HR - ONLINE YOUNG LEARNERS SPECIALISATION
TEFL/TESOL Course in Hanoi
This consists of nearly all the theory of the course mapped out through the online segment. The practical part of the assessment is seven days in the classroom, with 20 hours practical assessment and teaching in front of students.
For those people who cannot work to the intensive schedule, maybe moving around a lot with work, or cannot commit to spending four weeks on site, we offer a 120hr combined online and onsite program.
This program includes:
-On-line study program for teaching theory
-Scheduled on-line teacher support sessions
-Seven days onsite teaching practice with real ESL students
-20 hour assessment
-Complimentary specialisation in either ‘Teach Business English’ or ‘Young Learners’.
Cource Dates in 2020 (7 days teaching practice & assessment)
- May – 14th-15th + 18th-22nd
- July – 2nd-3rd + 6th-10th
- Aug – 20th-21st + 24th-28th
- Oct – 1st-2nd + 5th-9th
- Nov – 19th-20th +23rd-27th
Note: You are required to have completed all the online segments and tests before starting the on-site assessment.
Online / Combined course fees in 2020
Total tuition fee: $1,200 USD
Deposit: $600 USD (due at registration)
Balance payment: $600 USD (due five business days before the course start date)
Graduates from both courses receive the same certification, due to the teaching practice. The certificate is accepted by all schools, all over the world, and are required to obtain a work visa through the governments.
ITTI’s 120hr onsite and combined TEFL certification are accredited by European Global School with two units towards EGS’ M.A. Ed. Graduates from both TEFL programs can apply for an accelerated master’s program, facilitated by the Bangkok School of Management with the degree awarded by EGS. The University is accredited by ASIC in the UK, an accrediting body for international colleges and universities. ASIC itself is accredited by the British Council and the Government of the UK. European Global School is also registered with and accredited by the French Government who award Bachelors’, Masters’ and PHD Degrees. In the US, EGS is registered as European Global University and authenticated by the State Department of the U.S as an International College with the right to award degrees.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY FOR COURSE FEES
- If the course organizer cancels a course for any reason, a refund will be issued (deposit & course fee) .
- Due to low enrollments, the course organizer reserves the right to offer students an alternative program to provide them the certification or cancel the program altogether. In the case of cancellation, a refund will be issued (deposit & course fee).
- For cancellations made by the trainee more than 30days before the program start date, a refund of the course fee will be issued, minus the deposit.
- If the trainee needs to cancel or change the start date, the student can choose another course date and the deposit will be transfered to that course (and held by Vietlesson), for the course to be completed in the future. If the changed course is of a lower cost than the deposit paid, no refund will be issued.
- For cancellations made on or after the start date, no refund will be issued.
- No refunds will be issued for trainees dismissed for disciplinary reasons (eg lack of participation, inappropriate behaviors etc)
- No refunds will be issued for trainees who withdraw for academic reasons (eg varied to succeed in the course, insufficiant level of English).